I’ve been cooking more recently. Resulting in saving more money and eating healthier food. Which to me is a great deal for a student. This time I want to share my experience in cooking chicken legs with soy sauce, lemon, and honey.
What do you need?
- 3-4 Chicken legs (however you want really!)
- 3tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Lemon (Less or more depending on preference)
- 3 tbsp Honey (Less or more depending on preference)
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 garlic clove
- Olive Oil
What do you do?
- Heat your pan on medium heat. When it’s hot enough add your olive oil (just enough to cover the base of your pan) and add you garlic clove all chopped up. Leave it for a 1-2 minutes until you smell the garlic.
- Place your chicken legs on the pan and leave it for around 3 minutes until chicken adds a bit of color
- Add your soy sauce, lemon, honey, and salt! Leave it in while checking your chicken and flipping em around. If the sauce is too thick, slowly add water.
- Cook chicken for 20 minutes and it should be cooked. Check the inside by cutting the middle.
I’m not a great cook, I’m still learning. But this was sure fun to make! I’ve tried making this twice. My first try the chicken wasn’t cooked all the way to the middle, but the taste was really great! It was sour but I didn’t really get much of the honey taste. My second try the chicken cooked all the way, but it didn’t taste as great as the first try. So this is really a trial and error process, this is why I tell you to experiment on your own preference! If you’re really going to try this out, good luck!