I’ve had a series of people coming in and out of my life. One day they’re a friend, then another day it’ll feel like we never knew each other. After all those years, I figured who’s worth keeping. I can honestly say that the total best friend’s I have, you can count with your fingers. I really keep my circle small. I will only say out initials and describe how great they are.
- It has been over 10 years ago since I came home to Indonesia after 4 years living in Australia. My very first best friend that I still keep contact is my friend L. It’s been over 10 years since I’ve last seen her either. She’s an amazing humble friend, great in music as well (majoring in composition). I’m still waiting till the day I see her again.
- Another childhood friend I met in Australia whom is an Indonesian as well, is my friend S. After living in Australia I would go on trips to see her and we’d spend the holidays together. I can’t wait to chill with her again.
- I have another half, although we don’t meet up more than 3 times a year, I’m sure we still keep our friendship close. She’s my Cemmy (pronounce: chemmy) twin. Back in high school we hang out and stayed over quite a lot. And we have a lot of similarities. It’s great to have someone hilarious around.
- Having a small group around is always fun. My small 3 people group I call Lalala is a place of all our stories. We’d tell each other anything and we can never run out of topic. It’s amazing how much we kept in contact after high school. Actually we got closer together after high school.
- Last but not least is are the people that helps me survive university. We call ourselves the Fart Orchestra. I know it’s weird, but I think it was invented when one of us had a great fart and we made fun of making a fart orchestra. These are the people that makes me smile throughout campus on my hardest times.
The point is, I’m so grateful of everyone around my life. These people helped me through a lot, and I don’t know what I’d be without your existence. So thank you, you guys are amazing!