I have been wearing braces for over 2 years now! And I can’t believe it’s all over now. OVER! It feels so freeeee.. I will share you how to survive braces including a talk-over youtube video.
- Avoid eating hard food! I didn’t listen for a few times, and my brackets fell off a couple times. So my dentist had to re-glue it and I had to waste more money.
- Bring water around at all times! Rinse out your braces after eating. At least you can be hydrated at all times. Oh, and always check your teeth with a mirror to see if anything is stuck in between.
- Mouthwash or Floss! Honestly, flossing is hard when you have braces on, so mouthwash would be fine. I wore damon braces so it helps rinse out the dirt inside the brackets to open the wire gates.
- Use small little toothbrushes! It help getting those dirt between the braces.
- When prescribed with bands, wear it everyday! I didn’t use mine everyday so the time I wore braces was a lot longer than expected.
- Last, do not go to your appointment a month after your actual appointment! I did that, and not only that it adds the more time using braces but also how hard it was to open my damon brackets!
That’s all my tips I can give you…. I am now bracelesss!!!! If you’re getting braces, or wearing braces, good luck! And if you’re about to get your braces off, congratulations!!!