[Day 8 of New Years Countdown]
First of all, Merry Christmas for those who celebrate. Have a festive day and be kind to one another!
Have you ever become a person you’re not? Just so you can satisfy someone who doesn’t even care of your well-being? Well I have. Do I think that’s a bad thing? Not fully negative, because it is never worthless. When you become someone you’re not, it is a journey to become who you are.
You will never learn who you really are if you never learn what you are not. – Syra
There are two types of people here, people who does it on purpose or people who just hasn’t realized it yet. There really is no use of becoming someone else. And there definitely can only be one of every person, physically and mentally. So how is it to be yourself? What defines ‘You’?
- Stand up to what you believe. Don’t let other people tell you what’s right or wrong. What other people believe may not be right, neither is yours, but who can give you a perfect reason to say something is wrong? NO ONE. So if you believe it, then live it.
- Trust your instincts. Just like other living beings, I believe humans have instincts too. You might find a tingling feeling in your heart that you are in the wrong place, sometimes it is telling you something. Try to move out a little. If it really is the right place to be, then what goes around comes back around!
- No one knows you more than yourself. Some people say “It’s like you know me more than I do”. Errrrr wrong! Only yourself can know what’s true of what people say about you. You have to be open to yourself, if you can’t do that then no one else will know your true beauty. And honestly, that is such a waste of a great life! Everyone deserves to embrace their greatness.
- Life is all about perspectives. There are people who treats negative comments as a motivation or as a life kicking threat. There are also people who treats positive comments as a satisfaction or an insult (there really is people like that). The way you see it also effects the way you choose life. Choose wisely. Remember that life is a choice!
- What I always tell myself…. Just be yourself, don’t be afraid. Have fun! If you feel scared then forget of all the people who doubted you. They don’t care about you more than you do. If there’s one life you could be, be someone who hasn’t been taken, which is ‘Being You’.